Thursday, February 16, 2012

On a High!...

i'd like to romance
all of them
in my own time
in my own style
as one by one
they appear
disappear
dancing in front of my eyes
teasing, seducing
leaving me high, sometimes dry...

i'd like to be touched
by all of them
in their own time
in their own style
one by one
they touch
and are gone
walking in front of my eyes
alluring, enticing
sometimes i ask how, sometimes why...

i'd like to succumb
to all of them
in their own time
in their own style
one by one, and together
i feel them
and then dont
playing on my mind
revealing, reveling
sometimes i feel high, sometimes i sigh... :)

for the joy of writing, and the company of words
to their reveling, revealing, alluring
I lay bare…I give in.. I am on high.. I sigh…

- David Antony, 02/16

7 comments:

  1. Isn't that how it is? The alluring words, dancing tantalizingly, making you sigh and also taking you on a high!
    Love it :)

    But please please turn off the word verification if you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -Update-

      Changed the settings. Will not require word verification anymore...

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. @Shail-chechi,

    Thank you for stopping by..and yes, i totally agree - the joy of being surrounded by words that take you on a high and make you sigh too! :)

    - i had long lost touch with writing and am overjoyed just to be able to write again. it's like finding a long lost friend!! :)

    about the word verification - lemme turn it off right away. I dont remember when i ahd activated it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's good. It's really a pain, typing out words and half the time I don't even get it right! :P

      Delete
  3. Words, as you say, alluring, enticing, exciting, thrilling... all of it! When they come, and more so, when they dont... tantalizingly this close, but not yet there!
    Loved this too :)

    Hi Shail :) (Psst... are you the David who writes in on Shail's "Words in Verse" blog? Haven't followed that link yet :D )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Usha-chechi - thank you for stopping by :) .. yeah, its so much fun with words and the tease they hold :D

    And yeah, i do stop by on the Words in Verse blog...i stumbled upon the "Quest on Overdrive" blog and that's led to so many amazing blogs to read and follow.. .me happy :D

    ReplyDelete