Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oh that she's frowning!...

oh that she's frowning
oh see her scorn
makes me go weak again
makes me love her more!

the way her eyes look at me
the way she tries to show anger
only tells me she loves me so -
only tells me to love her more!

she tells me she wont talk to me
but she wants me to talk right now!
she looks away but she looks for me -
only making me pine for her more!


she catches my smile
and tries to send back a frown..
to tell me hidden behind that veil
is a heart that loves me more :)

- David Antony, 02/23

13 comments:

  1. Lovely! The fourth line ending with 'more' gives it a charm. The visuals that the words paint of young lovers is sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      and when smiles stop by
      and say hello
      they bring more smiles along
      and makes me want to write more :D

      Delete
  2. Sweet, and charming, this verse :) More smiles coming your way... :)
    And isn't this how it is, with young love, and most time ageless love too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mucha gracias for the smiles - they are always welcome and such a joy to have!!!

      ...young and ageless
      till we are bent and toothless! :D

      Delete
    2. bent and toothless suits u more :)

      Delete
    3. ha ha! ye saare.. we'll meet when we both are bent and toothless and exchange notes! :-P

      Delete
  3. David, tagged you, and you can do this on your other blog if you wish, or right here, poetically :) :)
    http://ushus.wordpress.com/2012/02/26/the-elevenses-tag/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you already got there? :P Now do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he he... yeah, i did... so.. the procrastinator in me awakes, right now! :D

      Delete
  5. Do leave a link for me to follow, ok? :)
    Waiting to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by and for the encouragement Sophy Anne! :D

      Delete
  7. Such a sweet lil thing, nice work Dave.

    ReplyDelete