Tuesday, April 03, 2012

She Doesn't Even Know!...


(So my biggest crush is going away today - and i know she is...and i don't even know her name.. so this goes out to her :-) ....)

she says good bye today
to people around her
and i feel it weighing down
my heart, my smile.... oh! and
the best thing is?
she doesn't even know!

it was serendipity
even before i knew what
the word meant or was supposed
to mean... she happened to me
and the funny thing is -
she doesn't even know!!

she doesn't even know
that someone admires her
and smiles at her joy-inducing smile
adds her to the count of little joys in his life
and now he says a muted good bye,
which, she will not see… not know!!!

David Antony, 
04/03

9 comments:

  1. Awww... That is so well expressed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* thank you, Shail-echi!!!

      but while she walked out that day... my heart sang:

      pinneyum pinneyum aaaro kinnavinte padi kadann-pogunnaa... (gosh, i've killed the lyrics! :D ...)
      *multitude of sighs* :D

      Delete
    2. Shyooo! That song actually went through my mind as I read this :) :) *Ahem* What's happening? *Cough cough* :D

      Delete
    3. How i wish something happened :D ahem, ahem! ;)

      Delete
  2. Loved this verse. Heartfelt and so yearningly sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, again :)

      ...her smile was so endearing, couldn't help it! the funny thing is.. i saw her around for nearly 2 years but never got to know her name :D

      *no no.. please don't lend hues on my face, blush - you traitor!*

      Delete